Sorry for the nearly two week delay – I forgot I hadn’t posted this…. oops…
Be Very Alert!- By Val Hollard (NZ)
Watch at the Door No 234, February 14, 2017
DARK CLOUDS COMING – DEEP DIVISIONS
The world is rapidly being divided in so many areas between those who love the truth and those who love evil. Postmodernism is rampant: truth is what you believe it to be. The apostle Paul gives a severe warning to the Thessalonians. When the Antichrist comes he will display all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders that will deceive those who are perishing because they have not loved the truth. God will send them a powerful delusion so they will believe the lie and will be condemned. (2 Thess 2:9-12) It is imperative that we know and love the truth.
One division is over sexuality. At the recent Christian Festival One at Mystery Creek, Hamilton, one group, the Wilderpeople Collective which claims to be a Christian support group, was asked to take down all references to sexuality and LGBT. They had paid for a stall, centred on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) issues and sexuality. One video people were invited to watch was a documentary about a lesbian couple who were bringing up a child within the Christian faith. One of the members speaking up was Craig Watson, who says he is a gay Christian. The apostle Paul says that “you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral… With such a man do not even eat.” (1 Cor 5:11) Christians are deeply divided on this issue and there is also a big divide between biblical Christians and the secular world.
Following this incident at the festival, a commentary appeared in the Waikato Times headed up “Aren’t we all God’s children?” Actually, we are not. The apostle John says that “Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God.” Those who are not God’s children are described as children of the devil. (1 Jn 3:10) They are also under God’s wrath. (Eph 2:3) Many believe that God loves everyone because of John 3:16. However “loved” is past tense. God’s great act of loving the world was to send His only begotten Son to die on the cross for our sins. Those who do not believe in Jesus are condemned. (Jn 3:16-21) Those who believe in Him are no longer condemned and are called children of God. Those who say that God loves Hindus, Muslims, Jehovah Witnesses, homosexuals, etc., do not understand what the Bible teaches about God’s love. We are however, asked to love others and pray for them. (Matt 5:44)
Another area where there is a rapidly increasing division relates to undoing the Reformation. Later this year is the 500th commemoration of the Reformation. Already many Protestants and Evangelicals have decided to abandon the biblical teaching that we are saved by grace through faith and not by works (Eph 2:8-9) and are seeking unity with Rome. This movement really began with the ecumenical document Evangelicals and Catholics Together in 1994 and has grown stronger since then. Expect a momentous increase as we reach November.
Most of you are probably familiar with what happened when Tony Palmer visited Copeland’s church in 2014 with a message from the pope. The Reformation is over and it is time to re-unite with Rome! There was much applause. The pope said the Catholic Church is like Joseph, and we need to go to Egypt and be reunited with our brother again. According to the Catholic Church the Eucharist becomes the body and blood of Christ and Christ is re-sacrificed millions of times whereas the Bible teaches the sufficiency of the one sacrifice on the cross. (Heb 10:8-14; 7:27)
The Vatican is also honouring Reformation leader Martin Luther with a postage stamp. Stamps usually commemorate saints, such as Teresa of Calcutta, John Paul II, and Pope John XXIII, who most recently were honoured with stamps.
Pope Francis has decided to begin 2017 in much the same way as he did last year: praying for Christian unity. But he is not only wanting unity with Christians, but all other religions too. The apostle Paul says, “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers… What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?… “Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord.”” (2 Cor 6:14-18)
Beth Moore is followed by millions of women and many men too. At a conference in 2013 she told thousands of people that the Lord told her that a great unity is coming, and it is coming between evangelicals, Protestants and Catholics “A pouring down like rain!” She expects scoffers to come, but the worst to come will be from other Christians, she says. She tells her large audience not to be disturbed by this. It will come from people who are genuinely concerned about them. The audience laughs at this. Beth Moore is very passionate when she speaks but the way she twists Scripture is very disturbing. She, along with many others, is setting up people who claim to be Christian for a great deception.
You are unlikely to see any return to a more biblical Christianity in the US under Trump. At his inaugural prayer service the Qur’an was recited with a condemnation of Jews and Christians. The final two verses of the Fatiha ask Allah: “Guide us to the straight path, the path of those upon whom You have bestowed favour, not of those who have evoked anger or of those who are astray.” The traditional Islamic understanding of this is that the “straight path” is Islam while the path “of those who have evoked Allah’s anger” are the Jews, and those who have gone “astray” are the Christians. Apparently Trump did not approve of this but no one spoke up.
Islam is gaining in strength in many places with the blessing of the church. Interfaith prayer services are becoming commonplace. Battle lines are being drawn and persecution is on its way for those who love God and His word. Young Christians will be totally confused and also those unfamiliar with Bible prophecy. This is the responsibility of shepherds, but many church leaders are turning out to be just hirelings or wolves in sheep’s clothing.
More evidence of a deep division coming in society was made evident at the huge Women’s March the day after Trump’s inauguration at which pro-life people were unwelcome. The organiser was Linda Sarsour who has known ties to the Islamic terror group Hamas. She spoke recently at an annual Muslim American and Islamic convention. Therefore it was not surprising to see people with T-shirts supporting Islam, people wearing the hijab, and banners promoting Sharia Law. These women marchers seemed to have absolutely no idea of the cruelty to women and children under Sharia Law such as child marriage, polygamy, forced marriages and honour killings. In Berlin, a non-Muslim feminist chanted “Allah akbar” at a Women’s March. Don’t be deceived by Islam as millions are!
IS AMERICA TO BECOME “UNGOVERNABLE”? There are powerful people, globalists, who dislike Trump’s presidency and say they will do whatever it takes to keep Trump from enacting his agenda. This has already resulted in people destroying public property, the assault of law enforcement officers, and inflicting violence upon their fellow citizens. Democratic Rep. Brad Sherman has likened Trump to ISIS and says that both are “bent on destroying civilization.” Many of the 2.7 million bureaucrats employed by the federal government oppose Trump’s policies and are actively attempting to sabotage his agenda. Leaking confidential documents to the press is part of their plans.
THE PROBLEM WITH MINDFULNESS: Kristina Cavit is the founder of The Kindness Institute which uses mindfulness, meditation and yoga “to help vulnerable Kiwi kids.” Some believe mindfulness will even replace yoga in popularity. Mindfulness involves concentrating on your present thoughts, emotions and environment. The concept is catching on in schools in the US and is seen as a way to help students better focus their attention, process their emotions and develop compassion. However, mindfulness, like meditation, has been shown to trigger mania, depression, hallucinations and psychosis and some people are very adversely affected. Sadly, mindfulness is also showing up in Christian venues and has been promoted by Christianity Today as something Christians need not be suspicious of. They say that learning mindfulness is like learning any other skill. But it certainly isn’t biblical!
AS IN THE DAYS OF LOT: In the US the pronouns “he” and “she” are vanishing in schools, workplaces and the military, being replaced by “ze.” But what the British Medical Association is recommending is quite bizarre. “Pregnant people” is now preferred over “pregnant women.” The pamphlet itself remarks that, “A large majority of people that have been pregnant or have given birth identify as women” but, goes on to say, “We can include intersex men and transmen who may get pregnant by saying ‘pregnant people’ instead of ‘expectant mothers.’”
- William Paul Young’s best-selling book The Shack is coming out as a full production movie in March. Lighthouse Trails is concerned that this movie will have a very harmful impact on the lives of many. Problems include the author’s universalistic beliefs, his rejection of substitutionary atonement, the New Age implications woven throughout the book, the black Madonna/Father-goddess theme included in the story, and much more.
- The Vatican has called for the establishment of a “global public authority” and a “central world bank” to rule over financial institutions that have become outdated and often ineffective in controlling the masses. The One World system is coming!
- In the Philippines, 1.5 million Catholics sought to press up against a centuries-old statue of Christ that was marched through the streets of Manila. Over 200 were injured as they tried to touch the wood carving. Some walked barefoot to show penance. The Bible says we should not worship statues, idols, and false christs.
- Divinity schools at Duke and Vanderbilt Universities have been issuing gender neutral guidance to their professors. The guide explains that “masculine titles, pronouns and imagery for God have served as a cornerstone for patriarchy.” It calls for professors to seek an “exploration of fresh language for God.” A suggested “beginning point for developing a more inclusive language about God” are terms such as “Godself” (rather than Himself).
- Boy Scouts of America has begun accepting and registering youth in the Cub and Boy Scout programs based on the gender identity indicated on their application. In the UK, men who believe they are women will be allowed to become Guide leaders under a new Equality and Diversity policy, and it is forbidden for parents of the girls to be informed even on outings with young girls sharing sleeping and washing facilities with them.
- The University of Pennsylvania has removed a portrait of Shakespeare, on the grounds that Shakespeare is not sufficiently diverse, and replaced it with a portrait of the black lesbian poet, Audre Lorde. Hurt feelings are the “social justice” criteria for what is and what is not allowed. Diversity of opinion on “social justice” is forbidden. Critics are described as sexist, racist, homo-lesbo-transphobes, xenophobes, and fascists and should be punished.
- German and EU taxpayers will pay nearly $46,000,000,000 (billions) by the end of 2017 to deal with problems caused by Muslim migrants.
- Canada is preparing to introduce anti-blasphemy laws that would codify “Islamophobia” as a hate crime without even defining Islamophobia. This anti-blasphemy law exclusively for Islam, which began with an online petition, has gained momentum and will go to a vote on February 16.
Latest news: Israel is permanently downgrading its diplomatic ties with New Zealand and Senegal, punishing these countries for co-sponsoring an anti-settlement resolution in the United Nations Security Council last year, The Times of Israel has learned.
Trump listens to Clinton and Obama on immigration
The Stream of Ecumenism – John Haller and Tim Worth. You will probably be familiar with Copeland and Tony Palmer and his message from the pope, but you might be surprised at how much Beth Moore supports unity with Rome.
I continue to recommend John Haller’s weekly prophecy updates:
Interfaith, Chrislam, and the spirit of the Antichrist. Includes the interfaith prayer service the day after Trump’s inauguration.
WomensMarch: Violence, Profanity and Hate. The mainly pink knitted hats are supposed to be in the shape of a woman’s internal organs. The large March for Life attended by Mike Pence was mainly ignored by the media.
Moriel TV – youtube
To be on the list to receive copies of “Be Very Alert!” either click HERE to be added to our e-mail list, or “follow” this blog.