Be Very Alert! – By Val Hollard (NZ)
On Watch at the Door No 242, June 5, 2017
THE PEACE OF MAN OR THE PEACE OF GOD
With increasing terror attacks, as the one in Manchester, there is a great desire for an enduring peace on this earth. Current efforts for global peace are likely to lead to the acceptance of Antichrist and his peace plan.
Many Christian leaders are ignoring prophecy and seeking peace now, without the return of the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. Unity is often sought with people or faiths that the Bible says we should not have unity with. God does offer peace now to individuals who believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him as their Lord and Saviour, but in the world there will be no peace, only judgment. The peace of God transcends anything the world has to offer.
I feel sorry for people like Donald Trump who genuinely desire peace with Muslims and among different groups of Muslims now. However, his advisers have obviously not educated him about the nature of Islam.
At the recent assembly of over 50 Muslims, King Salman of Saudi Arabia spoke first, calling Islam a religion of peace and tolerance and slamming the Iranian regime as the “spearhead” of global extremism. Is Islam really a “religion of peace and tolerance”? The Qur’an sanctions the practice of lying to non-Muslims (taqiyya) in order to further their political goals, namely world conquest. The aim of Islam is to bring the whole world under Sharia control, by whatever means possible.
In his speech to Muslim leaders Trump said, “Our vision is one of peace, security, and prosperity – in this region, and in the world.” Arabs have been fighting each other for centuries, just as the Bible tells us. “The angel of the Lord also said to her (Hagar): “You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”” (Gen 16:11-12)
There is nothing Trump can do to bring peace in the Middle East before our Lord returns. Making billions of dollars available for arms purchases and defence to boost up Saudi Arabia could backfire terribly. Israeli ministers are troubled by the $110 billion US-Saudi arms deal. And opening a new Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology in Saudi Arabia will not get rid of Islamic extremism anywhere, not in the Middle East or anywhere else. For one thing, Islamic extremism has possibly already spread to every country on the earth.
Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country that operates under Sharia Law. The rights of women are severely restricted, Christianity is banned and inhumane punishment is conducted. Trump seems to be totally unaware of Saudi funding of fundamental Wahhabism and Salafism terrorism in the West. Adherents to Wahhabism, the official creed of the Saudi dynasty, observe literalism and strict observance of Muslim rituals. Osama bin Laden came from Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia was the principal financier of the 9/11 attacks. Saudi Arabia has financed the building of many mosques in the West which promote extremism.
Trump said that there should be unity in pursuing the goal of conquering extremism and vanquishing the forces of terror. Unfortunately the battle is already lost in some Western countries. It is lost in Britain, France and most of Europe, Canada is losing rapidly and that is even true in the US. Islam is a judgment on the backslidden churches and governments in the West.
There is no understanding of Islam and the Qur’an and hadith by virtually all Western leaders. Offensive war is taught and those who die in jihad are guaranteed life in heaven with dozens of perpetual virgins. The only way to stop Islamic terrorism is to ban Islam and mosques and to burn all copies of the Qur’an, hadith and all Islamic literature! Something hardly likely to happen in this age of religious tolerance, especially of Islam!
Trump appears to be confused about God and speaks of God as if He is the same God as the god of Islam, Allah. He also believes that if the three Abrahamic faiths can join together in cooperation, then peace in this world is possible, including peace between Israelis and Palestinians. He stresses, “UNITED WE WILL NOT FAIL.”
This is not God’s peace plan which is with individuals who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and follow Him. Christians are not instructed to unite together with other faiths to bring peace to this world, but to tell Muslims and all other non-believers the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Later, Trump visited the Vatican where he met with the pope who presented him with a medallion engraved with an olive tree, the international symbol of peace. “I give it to you so you can be an instrument of peace,” the pope said in Spanish. “We can use peace,” Trump replied. Afterwards he tweeted, “I leave the Vatican more determined than ever to pursue PEACE in our world.
I hope that those with insight would take Trump aside and explain to him the true nature of Islam, lead him through God’s Word and show him that a false peace will come. There is never going to be peace in our time, though many will seek it.
Ben Shapiro commenting on Trump’s speech to over 50 Muslim leaders and Jacob Prasch on the Manchester tragedy
Full text of Trump’s Saudi speech
AFTER MANCHESTER – THE BLINDNESS AND DECEIT OF THE WORLD
The Islamic terrorist attack in Manchester where 22 people were killed and dozens more injured, including children, has drawn some peculiar, but not unexpected, statements from various people. The mayor of Manchester, Andy Burnham says the jihad mass murderer was “not a Muslim.” However, his friends described him as a “devout” Muslim who has memorized the entire Qur’an. Everyone is supposed to believe that Islam is a religion of peace.
Mohammed Shafiq is the Chief Executive of the Ramadhan Foundation, which claims to be dedicated to combating “extremism,” is blaming the UK government for the massacre. There is some truth in that! The UK government has made the mistake of allowing far too many Muslims into the country and pandering to them. The Muslim mayor of London Mayor Sadiq Khan is on record as saying terrorism is “part and parcel” of urban life. Counter-terrorism police in the UK make on average an arrest every day in connection with suspected terrorism.
Western countries would rather accept a certain level of terrorism than confront it head on. Europe has fallen into denial about the threat Islamic terrorism poses. In Germany, Merkel responded with “grief and horror” and found it “incomprehensible” but says that “Islam is not the source of terrorism” but the Christians who make Muslims feel angry because of “Islamophobia.” She would like to see more Muslims welcomed into Europe.
When Muslims murder non-Muslims in the name of Islam and in accordance with its teachings, they act as if Muslims are the victims and are concerned about an “anti-Islamic backlash.” They did the same after 9/11, drawing much sympathy.
NEW APOSTOLIC REFORMATION (NAR), DOMINIONISM AND WORD/FAITH
On the 22nd April, Angus Buchan (of Faith like Potatoes) called for a national day of prayer at Bloemfontein in South Africa and an estimated 1.7 million people turned up. Buchan teaches that Jesus gained victory in the Garden of Gethsemane, not at the Cross. He says it is because Jesus made a decision there. The crowd was told it is time for them to make a decision too so that the whole country can be saved. The decision was “Not my will but Thy will be done.” He quoted from Isaiah 66, “Can a nation be born in a day,” which applies only to Israel, and used it for South Africa. Buchan says that once you make that decision your marriage will be restored, your health will be restored, even the whole nation can be saved.
Various teachings by NAR and others, who believe that the church is to take back dominion and then Jesus will return, are now a major concern. A favourite text of theirs is 2 Chronicles 7:14. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” This verse applies solely to Israel, not to nations or the church. God has sanctioned only one culture and nation, Israel. God has called people out of their cultures and nations to be “a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God.” (1 Pet 2:9) We are grafted into Israel’s roots as adopted sons and daughters. Our citizenship is in heaven not on earth. (Phil 3:20)
Our task is to reach as many people as we can in all cultures and nations and tell them the good news that they can become citizens of a heavenly country which is far better than any country on this earth. (Heb 11:16)
- “More than 20 million people across Nigeria, South Sudan, Somalia and Yemen, are in areas hit by drought and are experiencing famine or are at high risk of famine in “the biggest crisis we have seen in the past 50 years”, says the emergency coordinator for the UN’s World Food Programme. In north-eastern Nigeria a Muslim group, Boko Haram, is blocking UN efforts to aid two million people there.
- A new report says that violent attacks on the Christian minority in India are increasing at an alarming rate as the emboldened members of groups close to the governing Hindu nationalist party seek to create a ‘Hindu nation.’ There’s an anti-Christian attack every 40 hours, the report highlights.
- In Australia there are plans for an Islamic hub featuring a mosque, childcare centre, shops and apartments exclusively for Muslims. Residents opposed to the plan have lodged a petition with the Brisbane City Council.
- The Australian Federal Police investigated 69 incidents of forced or under-age marriage in the 2015-16 financial year, up from 33 the previous year. It is estimated that there are 83,000 women and girls in Australia who may have been subjected to female genital mutilation.
- In the UK, schools were told to change class times, exam times and sports days because of Ramadan in order to accommodate the needs of fasting pupils.
- Taiwan has given approval for same-sex marriages. It is the first such ruling in Asia. Until 2001, China listed homosexuality as a mental disorder, but it is not illegal to be gay. Many large cities have thriving gay scenes, although gay men and women still face a lot of family pressure to get married and have children.
- The US military’s satellite communications are facing a crisis, threatened by a growing array of foreign weapons, including cyberattack capabilities, lasers, electronic jammers and anti-satellite weapons, according to a Pentagon study.
- Brussels officials want every European Union country to be using the euro by 2025. The move is likely to be fiercely opposed by Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic’s Eurosceptic governments.
- It has been revealed that Turkey is attempting to take over Jordanian control of the Temple Mount. Turkey has begun pouring millions of dollars into non-governmental organizations in eastern Jerusalem, in order to strengthen Ankara’s status among the Arab residents, at the expense of Jordan and Israel.
When trials come: “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Saviour from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.” (Phil 3:20-21)
Understand the Times. May 15-28 Newsletter
Broken Vessels for Christ – Harry Ironside.
Lighthouse Trails booklet: Progression to Deception. One step after the next. Gregory Reid. Read here:
To be on the list to receive copies of “Be Very Alert!” either click HERE to be added to our e-mail list, or “follow” this blog.