Two Alerts in one issue this time. Happy reading!
Be Very Alert!- By Val Hollard (NZ)
On Watch at the Door No 251, October 9, 2017
“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt 24:36) “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. (Matt 25:13)
Human date-setters are doomed to fail, whether it is for the Rapture or the end of the world, or for anything else that the Bible tells us we can’t know. In 2008 Mark Biltz put forth his four blood moons theory which failed miserably to eventuate. There have been hundreds of failed date-setters since the first century.
Not long after I became a Christian someone recommended a weekly prophecy update to me. I enjoyed listening to them, then as the Jewish feast of Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets) approached the teacher became very excited and was convinced that the Rapture was going to take place at that time. With a big smile, he said, “I can feel it in my spirit.” I was very excited, but then quite dispirited and feeling flat when nothing happened. I gave up listening to him. I eventually gave up the whole idea of a pretribulation Rapture and found that a prewrath/intraseal timing fitted Scripture more accurately.
Many millions are probably feeling dispirited now after being led to believe in the September 23 false prophecy of the Revelation 12 woman and the signs in the sky as the Rapture. One false date-setter, Scott Clarke, changed his mind before the day was even over and said it would be the 24th. Failed again!
Unfortunately the date-setters haven’t been discouraged. False prophet David Meade, who actually claimed the world would end on the 23rd, has decided that this was the wrong weekend and he now points to a different set of events starting in October. “The world is not ending, but the world as we know it is ending,” he told The Washington Post. “A major part of the world will not be the same the beginning of October.”
When date-setters get their prophecies wrong, they mostly do anything but repent. They may claim that God changed His mind, but frequently they say they miscalculated and go on to predict another date. Both Clarke and Meade went on to predict another date.
Date-setters do great harm. Failed predictions can damage a person’s faith, the idea of a Rapture loses credibility, and the secular media scoffs. The NZ Herald online had several articles relating to it. It brings Christianity into disrepute. When something prophetically significant does happen, people will ignore it. People are not being prepared for what is going to happen. These date-setting false prophets also draw people’s eyes and focus far away from Jesus.
Scott Pruitt has written an excellent article on the false Revelation 12 prophecy. He says that the word “signs” as in Gen. 1:14 is often assumed by many teachers to relate to prophetic signs. “However, there is nothing in the context to indicate that these are prophetic signs and there are no other Biblical examples of the stars or constellations having any bearing on the prediction of future events other than for marking the passage of time. The only notable exception to this was the Star of Bethlehem.”
The heavenly signs (and terrestrial) we are given with respect to future predictive prophecy were given by Jesus in the Olivet discourse. (Matt 24:29-31, Luke 21:25-28) Note that these heavenly signs occur after the tribulation. “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”
Pruitt says that what these date-setters who are using alignments of stars and planets are doing is simply astrology which has its origins in Babylon. The Zodiac came from Babylon and then to the Egyptians and eventually found its way to the Romans. Mixing truth with error is an abomination to God and repentance is needed by those caught up in these false teachings.
Rather than giving the sheep false expectations of being raptured out at this time, pastors and teachers should be preparing them for coming tribulation. The West is an anomaly. The majority of the Christians in the world face persecution. But it is rapidly on its way to the West. Paul told Timothy that everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. (2 Tim 3:12)
We are to expect tribulation but not God’s wrath. The Greek for tribulation is thlipsis and is different from the Greek words for wrath, orge. In Revelation 7:14 John is told that the great multitude standing before the throne have come out of the great tribulation (thlipsis). The great day of God’s wrath (orge) follows the signs in the sun moon and stars in Revelation 6. These are the same signs that Jesus tells us to look for in the Olivet discourse.
As the world heads into a time of terrible and horrific catastrophe, devastation and violence, we need to make a concerted effort to make sure we understand God’s end-time plans, and not be caught up in all the confusion taught by so many false teachers. We do need to prepare for tribulation.
“Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord.” (Jer 23:16)
AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH AND LOT – Luke 17:26-29
“Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath (orge) of God is coming.” (Col 3:5-6)
The apostle Paul puts sexual immorality first on the list of things which will bring on the wrath of God, and this is followed by associated vices. God made man and woman, two separate sexes with different DNA. When sexual immorality became rife in Sodom and Gomorrah, God destroyed these cities. God brought on Noah’s flood because of sexual immorality. God will soon bring on His great wrath again because of the sexual immorality which is now rife on this planet.
Many in the church have forsaken God and are now following a “new revelation” that God is doing a new thing and sexual immorality is acceptable. God has not changed. Any violation of the order he laid down right from the beginning is a stench to Him. The world and deceived Christians will be severely punished for this evil when God pours out His wrath during the Trumpet and Bowl judgements.
The arrangement of one man married to one woman is also a model of Jesus’ relation to the church. “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Saviour. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies.” (Eph 5:22-28)
Christians are rapidly coming under attack if they do not go along with the sexual immorality of the world. Many are now losing their jobs in academic institutions and in other areas. School kids are being utterly confused about gender. Canada’s Ontario province has passed legislation that allows the government to seize children from families that refuse to accept their child’s chosen “gender identity” or “gender expression.” After a new law was passed in Germany, the first same-sex couple has married. Polls show around 75% of Germans are in favour of gay marriage. A Scottish Anglican church is facing sanctions after hosting the first same-sex wedding, the first ever by a mainstream denomination in the UK. A top bishop also declared that being LGBT is “not a sin.”
There is great persecution coming on true Christians who hold fast to God’s teaching on sexual immorality. God loathes sexual immorality, and I’m sure especially the way it is being forced on children. It will bring on His wrath again. But as with Noah and Lot, believers will not face this wrath as they will be rescued and raptured out beforehand.
- Islamic schools in the UK, including both government and private, are forcing children, some as young as four, to wear the Islamic hijab as part of their uniform code. The hijab is a compulsory uniform for girls in at least 59 schools, eight of which are state-funded. In Muslim countries, the hijab is a sign of sexual maturity.
- The International Police Organisation, Interpol, has voted to admit the “State of Palestine” as a new member state. The move passed by a vote of 75 to 24, with 34 abstentions. The US and some other countries have said they won’t honour Palestinian Interpol notices.
- Israel handed a replica of a frieze from the Arch of Titus to the head of UNESCO, using the monument commemorating Rome’s victory over Jerusalem for a not-so-subtle critique of the organization’s resolutions that ignore Jewish links to the holy city.
- St Andrew’s Church in London has apologised after receiving criticism for allowing a satanic fashion show in its church. (The church is Anglican, not Catholic as I reported in the last Alert!)
- Schools across England have stopped using the terms BC and AD in religious education lessons for fear of offending non-Christians.
- A shocking court decision that declared an 11-year-old girl consented to sex with a man aged 28 has sparked outrage in France. Prosecutors deemed the child had engaged in a consensual “sexual relationship” with the man, leading to immediate backlash from children’s rights groups. The man is said to have lured the girl from a park to his nearby home. The girl’s family said she was “paralysed” by fear and “unable to defend herself.”
- Around one third of young adults now have a tattoo in Britain but recent research by the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility found that toxic nano-particles of titanium dioxide found in tattoo ink can travel through the body and become lodged in the lymph nodes where they can cause problems, even 15 years later.
- Ethiopia is finalizing construction of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, its first major dam on the Blue Nile, and then will eventually start filling the giant reservoir behind it. In Isaiah 19 there is an as yet unfulfilled prophecy that the Nile will dry up. The majority of Egyptians live cramped around the Nile Valley. Around 60 percent of Egypt’s Nile water originates in Ethiopia from the Blue Nile. Nobody has any idea what effects the new dam will have downstream.
When trials come: “When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.” – Philip Paul Bliss
Be Very Alert! – By Val Hollard (NZ)
On Watch at the Door No 252, October 23, 2017
THE ACCOUNTABILITY OF TEACHERS IN THE END-TIMES
“Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.” (Jam 3:1)
James, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, makes it clear that teachers have a greater responsibility. As we approach the end of this age, it is astounding to see that by far the greatest majority of teachers are doing anything but guiding their congregations in the truth and preparing them for what is coming. They seem to have no fear of the judgment they will face before Jesus Christ.
The 500th commemoration of the Reformation takes place on October 31. This is the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the Church in Wittenberg. There will be numerous ecumenical services around the world as many Protestants seek communion again with the Roman Church. Pastors look for things that Christians have in common with Rome, whereas God is interested in differences.
The Reformation resulted in the Word of God being placed central in the Christian faith and not the traditions and institutions of the Catholic Church. Unfortunately Luther didn’t go far enough in some respects. He ended up making scathing comments about the Jews and the idea that the Church has replaced Israel has persisted in the Catholic Church and in a large number of Protestant ones, leading to a lot of the anti-Semitism and Christian Palestinianism we see in the church today. The result is that many church leaders do not understand God’s plans for Israel in the last days and do not teach them.
God has made it clear in His Word right from Genesis through the New Testament that He will never forsake Israel. He may punish them for a time, but will keep His everlasting covenant which He made with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Romans 9-11 makes this quite clear. The restoration of Israel as a nation in 1948 was a work of God. Jesus will return and take up David’s throne in Jerusalem as God promised to Mary, the mother of Jesus, but Israel must first face the time of Jacob’s trouble. Pastors who do not teach this are leading their congregations astray.
As I wrote about in the last Alert, many leaders fail by a long shot to understand the biblical teaching on the days of Noah and Lot. Even the head of the Church of England, the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, said in a recent interview he was not sure if “gay sex”…between people of the same sex — is “sinful,” stating he “can’t give a straight answer to” the question, and that he lacks “a good answer to the question.” It is good to hear that in England not all follow the Archbishop. A National Trust boss wanted to force all volunteers at one of its properties, a Norfolk mansion, to wear LGBT lanyards in a Prejudice and Pride programme. The charity has been accused of being excessively politically correct over a high-profile campaign to mark 50 years since the decriminalisation of homosexuality. Hundreds of people with more understanding of the Bible than the Archbishop pushed back and started quitting the National Trust in protest, forcing the National Trust to back down in humiliation. Are pastors and leaders preparing their congregations to stand up against LGBT programmes?
Pastors who do not follow God’s clear teaching on sexual immorality will most likely not even end up at the Judgment seat of Christ but at the Great White Throne. Not only those who indulge in sexual immorality, but also those who approve of those who practice it, deserve death according to Romans 1:32.
The variety of opinions teachers have about the things that are to come shortly is quite amazing. Many believe that much of the book of Revelation is allegory and/or written to encourage people in the early church. The idea that the bulk of Revelation got fulfilled in the past is called Preterism or Partial Preterism. Pastors who teach this deny that tribulation and the Antichrist are to come before a great judgment beginning with the Trumpet judgments. They will leave their congregations totally unprepared for events on the near horizon.
There are other teachers caught up in the New Apostolic Reformation and teachings of Dominionism who believe that a triumphant church will take over the world, especially by using false spiritual warfare techniques to abolish territorial demons. This can in no way be supported biblically.
Recently, Jan Markell of Olive Tree Ministries held her annual prophecy conference with around 6,000 attendees. During a break, she met with two of the speakers, J.D Farag and Amir Tsarfati, and it was recorded. You can hear Farag and Markell agreeing that a prewrath rapture position is a satanic attack on a pretribulation rapture position. I found this extraordinary and very sad!
Here is a very brief description of these Rapture positions. Paul says in 2 Thess. 5:9 that God did not appoint us to suffer wrath. The apostle John says that God will pour out His wrath in Rev. 6:16-17 between the 6th and 7th Seals. This is the prewrath position and the wrath follows in the Trumpet judgments. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that believers will be raptured out of tribulation before the last seven years. We will go through tribulation but we will not go through wrath. To say that prewrath is a satanic attack is shocking. People who believe in a Rapture, who are actually few in number, should be sticking together against all the other false teachings. The pretribulation people are backing themselves into a corner and are not preparing their followers for tribulation and persecution which is rapidly coming upon the church in the West.
One day teachers and pastors will have to give an account to Christ for how they have cared for the sheep Christ has entrusted to them. They are expected to know the condition of their flocks. (Prov 27:23) These days sheep wander off in all directions, especially into “Christian” bookstores where they feed on stuff that will make them ill. Hence it is important that teachers and pastors teach from the Word of God, not just give motivational and feel good sermons, but warn about all the false teachings and deceptions that are spreading rapidly in the church.
Jesus came the first time as the sacrificial Lamb of God to bring salvation. He is coming the second time as the Lion of Judah to bring judgement and restore Israel to be the most favoured nation. The religious leaders at the first coming did not understand the times and failed to recognise Jesus, though they had all the prophecies of the OT. As the second coming approaches, the majority of the religious leaders today do not understand the times and are not preparing their congregations even though we have much more enlightenment with the NT. We are instructed to be alert and watch. If there was nothing to be alert about and to watch for, God would not have put it in His Word, neither would we have been warned about persecution. There will be thousands of pastors who will have to stand before Christ who have not prepared their flock well. There is no new revelation that God is doing anything different from what is in His Word.
SODOM AND GOMORRAH – AND BELLINGEN?
The poll Australia is having on gay marriage closes on November 7. Surveys show that a large majority will vote for gay marriage. There is a town in Australia which has been forcefully promoting a ‘Yes’ vote: Bellingen in NSW, population about 3,500. Bellingen Shire Council passed a motion to support the ‘Yes’ vote and fly rainbow flags and banners and engage with the local LGBTQI community, particularly the youth, by holding a public event. There is a rainbow poster in many shops saying “This business supports marriage equality” and the main pedestrian crossing was painted in rainbow stripes for a while. One woman said Bellingen was the first town she had lived in during her 40 years as a lesbian where she had not encountered homophobic neighbours.
Bellingen High School students celebrated and acknowledged Gender Diversity by wearing purple on the 25th August. Students were able to purchase cupcakes in support of the movement. It was described as an “important celebration.” Posters around town advertise a Rainbow Fair at Coffs Harbour to support marriage equality as apparently some are worried about the outcome of the vote.
The Uniting Church of Australia allows for the ordination of those in same-sex relationships and the Uniting Church in Bellingen approves of gay marriages. A Rev. Dr Jason John wrote a letter to the Bellingen Shire Courier-Sun in support of a ‘Yes’ vote saying that “if we are to be “biblical” we need to be open to continuing to reshape the role and form of marriage in our context .
“Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you are a liar.” (Prov 30:5 and see Rev 22:18-19)
- Almost 2,000 Canadians have chosen to put an end to their lives with a doctor’s help in the year since medically assisted suicide became legal in the country. The number rose over the 12 months to almost 1 percent of all deaths. A total of 1,982 people have resorted to the controversial practice since June 2016, when it became enshrined in a federal law. The figures included 803 people in the first six months, and 1,179 in the second.
- Greece’s parliament has approved a new law that will make it easier for people to change their legal gender. Citizens over the age of 15 will now be able to change their gender with a court ruling and without requiring a medical operation. LGBT activists said the new law was an improvement, but criticised it for not doing enough to establish “full self-determination” for transgender people.
- The Human Rights Campaign is pushing new legislation that would amend the US Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include “sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity among the prohibited categories of discrimination or segregation in places of public accommodation.” But pro-family organizations like the Family Research Council warn that the proposed changes could end up criminalizing Christians and other religious people whose convictions stand in opposition to non-traditional expressions of human sexuality.
- A First United Methodist Texas congregation has voted that no couples can be married within its church walls until the denomination permits same-sex weddings. This is like voting on whether the Bible is true or not!
- A Florida member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation plans to erect a large blood-red pentagram in the city’s Sanborn Park in December in an effort to counter Christian and Jewish displays. It will bear several captions, including “In Satan We Trust,” “I Kneel Before No Gods” and “May the Children Hail Satan.”
- The Shia festival of Ashura falls each year on the 10th of Muharram, the first month of the Islamic lunar year, and mourns the death of Imam Hussein, a grandson of the Prophet Mohammed. The tradition of blood-letting in the run up to Ashura is seen by some as a way of washing away their sins. There are gory scenes of blood-drenched men flooding city streets but young girls and boys and women often participate too. Satanic cults also carry out blood rituals. These people need the cleansing blood of Jesus! Remember how the prophets of Baal at the time of Elijah frantically prophesied, slashing themselves with swords and spears as they called unsuccessfully on Baal to answer with fire. (1 Kings 18)
When trials come: “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” (Isa 26:3)
EXTRA ITEMS (From both Alerts!)
- Don’t expect the rapture on 23rd September. Good comments by Scott Pruitt.
- What’s changed in Britain since same-sex marriage?
- Europe: What do Islamic Parties Want?
- The quiet Islamic conquest of Spain
- Expect the Unexpected:
Fires, Disease, Loss of Common Sense, Inability to Reason, Prophetic Blindness, Gender Confusion and total depravity. These are the things that should cause us reason to pause, ponder and understand that we should “Expect the Unprecedented” as we continue to hurtle toward the end.
- Prewrath timing of the Rapture satanic?
- Apocalypse Coming – will you be ready? By Ray Yungen
Recommended websites with prophecy updates:
To be on the list to receive copies of “Be Very Alert!” either click HERE to be added to our e-mail list, or “follow” this blog.